Over the past two weeks, we’ve been working hard to address and resolve the issues that affected the majority of the gateways. We’ve also implemented several improvements that we hope will help stabilize the network and contribute to a better user experience.
Here’s what we’ve achieved so far:
- Server infrastructure optimization, implementation of server monitoring
- Various optimizations on Chirpstack, database and communication level
- New Crankk Windows Installer and MacOS Installer https://crankk.io/downloads/
- New Crankk Nebra IMG file https://crankk.io/downloads/ (currently available only for Indoor and Outdoor Nebra, IMG file for Nebra Rock Pi coming soon)
- Bug fixes: Light gateways inactivity, missing witnesses, double beacon reporting, remove self-witnessing
- Manual corrections on the blockchain of wrong and uppercase gateway IDs
- Improvement of the process for onboarding Light gateways with procedural and technical changes
- New JOIN BETA section on the website with more detailed instructions
Improvements in the Local Dashboard
- More detailed information about the radio signals received by your gateway (3 phases of the reported witnesses: Radio signal → Chirpstack → Blockchain)
- Link for the beacons and witnesses directly to the Kadena Block Explorer
Improvements in the User Dashboard:
- Set and change gateway location
- Show KDA, CRKK balances and CRKK rewards in fiat currency based on the current KDA/USD price
- Model filter updated with all gateway models
- Added icons for faster understanding of the gateway details
- Export “All gateways” and “Activity” in various formats
- Manage wallets button moved inside the main menu for easier access
- QR codes
- Show current KDA and CRKK prices, balances and total wallet balance in fiat currency based on the current KDA/USD price
- Assign gateway ID to a wallet: problems with wrong gateway IDs are reduced to the minimum thanks to different validations based on the selected gateway model.
- Added a “model required” button for all light gateways that missed selecting their gateway model
- New “CRKK Price” chart with volume and longer data periods
- Low remaining amount issue caused a trade offer to be active until expiration. This has been fixed by closing the trade offer with a very low remaining amount.
- Improved mobile version design
- Notifications are now dismissible
- User Experience improvements
- Bug fixes
In the next few days we will start working on the compensation algorithm for all users who have staked their CRKK tokens for PoNP, but have been affected by inactivity, lack of beacons or witnesses due to the issues on the Crankk network. We will inform you about the exact procedure when we are ready, probably by the end of next week.
We will make an announcement about the new Consensus node staking schedule once we make sure everything is running smoothly.
Here’s a sneak peek at the upcoming new features and improvements, stay tuned in the next 2-3 weeks:
- New onboarding guides for Indoor and Outdoor Nebra
- New Crankk Nebra Rock Pi IMG file
- Transfer software license from one to another wallet
- User Dashboard: show balances in all Kadena chains, transfer assets to external wallets
- Exchange: more chart periods, filters and pagination in My Orders
- Local Dashboard: Tailscale VPN integration, visualisation of test beacons in the radio charts
- Public API to allow data access from the server
- Crankk Mobile app
We will continue to collect your feedback to improve the quality of the Crank network. Please keep in mind that we are in a BETA stage and still learning, but we are doing our best to ensure that our services meet your expectations.
We appreciate your patience and understanding during this process. Thank you for your continued support.
Your Crankk Team